On a rainy weekend here at the studio I started digging through some old boxes of prints that hadn’t made it into the editions for one reason or another. I pulled out some unique gems and white proofs and began to embellish them with pencils, markers and paints, eventually pulling together a nice little collection of one-of-a-kind APs. I would now like to get those prints into your hands, but there may be a lot of you, so today’s sale will be conducted as a lottery.
The pop-up gallery (click on image above) will have basic details for each print. All prints are embellished by the me…some are just colored accents, while others have small additions. Many of the prints are on a natural white stock that Monolith Press uses when they dial in the ink colors and registration. Very few of these white proofs exist and most of them seem to have slight dings or imperfections (potential customers please note). But with a little love they turned into something special.
We broke the stack of embellished APs into two price categories to keep things simple.
Small Prints (Plootuffels, Mr.Bloomjangles, Inspired) = $90 + shipping.
Larger Prints (Elder, In This Together, Bliss Bug, Slow, Sproutlings) = $140 + shipping.
Also please note, there are five different Plootuffels and Tapooflet in a White Edition (of 12) available, but only one pictured. You may choose the one pictured, or you can go for “Blind” and randomly get one of the other four not pictured.
There are also two different Mr.Bloomjangles available, so label the second one accordingly if you are choosing that one.
Here’s how we would like potential customers to enter the purchasing lottery:
• Interested customers may enter the purchasing lottery only once by posting a comment with their choice of which ONE of the prints they’re most interested in purchasing.
• You can post anonymously, but be sure to use your Paypal email address. (Also, mention if you’re International shipping)
• Customers will be selected randomly, and invoices will be sent through Paypal.
• Invoices will start going out Wednesday afternoon.
• If you’re comment doesn’t show up, it got caught up in our extra-tight spam filter. We will dig you out before we start picking “winning” customers.
• Things that will increase your odds of not being selected as a customer would be: Commenting more than once, picking more than one choice, or no choices at all. Using aliases is also highly annoying and we’ve banned a handful for trying it.